There are many factors that affect your mental wellbeing, and one of the most significant is a group of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters that directly influence how you think and feel. Neurotransmitters are chemical messengers that pass signals from one nerve cell to another. Some neurotransmitters such as dopamine create feelings of energy and vitality, whilst others such as serotonin are crucial for balanced mood, peace and calm.
Supporting healthy neurotransmitter levels and function is key for mental and emotional wellbeing. When neurotransmitters are out of balance, a variety of symptoms can result, and over time, can be linked to debilitating illnesses such as depression and anxiety and in extreme cases, even neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease. If you think your mental and emotional wellbeing is a bit under par and could do with a bit of extra support you can use the simple test to identify the area where you most need help and supplement with targeted nutrients to give your brain a natural boost.
A simple test to help identify neurotransmitter imbalance and a summary of key nutrients needed to boost levels. I can also give you 1:1 in depth support and tailored advice with a detailed nutrition and nutrient plan.
Simple test to identify neurotransmitter imbalance
Dopamine Pathway – Energy & Vitality
• I have difficulty waking in the morning
• I need caffeine / energy drinks to start the day
• I struggle to begin tasks
• I feel tired before starting tasks
• I have restless sleep
• I have little interest in hobbies and activities
• I have a low motivation for love & sex
• I am not working on any new projects
• I have difficulty concentrating, or difficulty following my train of thought
• I feel tired / sad
• I have lacked vitality & dynamism for some time
• I feel less creative and imaginative than previously
• I have difficulty finding words
If you mostly agree with the statements above, it is likely that your dopamine pathway may need a bit of extra support.
Key nutrients to support the dopamine pathway: L-Tyrosine, Folate (5-MTHF), Rhodiola, Siberian ginseng
Serotonin Pathway – ‘Relaxation & Healthy State of Mind’
• I am irritable, impulsive and quick to anger
• I am impatient
• I feel both depressed and agitated
• I experience sugar cravings towards the end of the day
• I consume alcohol in the evenings to help me relax
• I struggle to stay calm & stand back
• I have trouble getting to sleep
• I am often awake at 3am
• My thoughts are often agitated, even at night
• I am highly sensitive to stress & noise
• My mood changes quickly
• I feel inner nervous tension, abdominal pain, digestive discomfort and/or muscle pain
• I often feel ‘on edge’
• I am prone to migraines and sensitive to light
If you mostly agree with the statements above, it is likely that your serotonin pathway may need a bit of extra support.
Key nutrients to support the serotonin pathway: L-Tryptophan, Magnesium, Folate (5-MTHF), Saffron.
Nutri Advanced Ltd- A UK Based Supplement Company